PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY FOR THE PENNINE MESSENGER APP
(THIS “PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY”)
Kendall Bluck Consulting Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to your use of:
- the PENNINE MESSENGER mobile application software (“App”), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”); and
- any of the services accessible through the App (“Services”) that are available on the App.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Kendall Bluck Consulting Ltd of Fifth Floor, 10 St Bride Street, London, EC4A 4AD.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (“Submitted information”): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App, download or register for the App, send data to us through the App, or otherwise use the App, and when you report a problem with an App or our Services. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number and your Registered Medical Practitioner number allocated to you by the General Medical Council.
- Information we collect about you and your Device. Each time you use the App we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, and the type of mobile browser you use (“Device Information”); and
- details of your use of any of the App including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data (“Log Information”).
- The App uses identifiers to distinguish you from other users and facilitate your use of the App. We use Session IDs to identify your Device to our server as a unique user when you use the App and they are stored by your Internet browser on your Device. Identifiers can be used to recognise your Internet Protocol address, saving you time while you are on the App.
- We only use such identifiers for your convenience in using the App and not for obtaining or using any other information about you (for example targeted advertising). Your Device can be set to not accept identifiers such as this, but this would restrict your use of the App.
- If you want to find out more information about cookies (a particular type of identifier), go to http://www.allaboutcookies.orgor to find out about removing them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
- The App uses the following identifiers:
|Session_ID||Until App logout or App failure||For ease of use to keep a user logged in when loading up the App|
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: to provide you with the Services.
- Device information: to provide you with the correct layout and user interface for your Device.
- Log information: to enable resolving bugs and issues that occur in the App.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Disclosure of your information
- We will disclose the data we collect from you to the following third parties:
|Category of data||Recipient||Purpose|
|Submitted Information||National Health Service||To provide you with the Services.|
- You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kendall Bluck Consulting Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply this Privacy and Cookies Policy and/or your agreement to use the App, or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our customers, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where We store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage.
- We will provide you (or you may choose) a password that enables you to access the App, and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to this Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on the App and, where appropriate, communicated to you. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was most recently updated in July 2017.